The Peoria County Bar Association, a 600-member non-profit attorneys’ organization (the “PCBA”) is hosting a competition to create a logo with a fresh, contemporary look and needs your talents and ideas!
The PCBA’s current logo (above) has served the Association well for many years; however the Association now wishes to obtain a modern logo that is quickly identifiable and easily reproducible in modern media.
The winning designer will receive a check for $500 and the winning entry may be selected as the PCBA’s new logo. The winner will be announced at the PCBA’s annual Lincoln Banquet & Gala on February 9, 2013. The top three entrants will receive two tickets to the Lincoln Banquet for the winning announcement.
If you or someone you know is interested in submitting a logo for consideration, please read the following information and contest rules:
All competition entries shall:
- Be easily scalable and reproducible for a variety of uses, including on a website, in letterhead, and for use on apparel;
- Be submitted in digital format in a .PDF, .TIFF or other common digital standard, the files shall not have limited rights or be secured by a password;
- Be in accordance with the competition rules.
The deadline for all submissions is January 5, 2013 at 11:59 p.m., CST. All entrants are bound by the following rules:
- By submitting an entry, all entrants agree to be bound by these contest rules. No entrant may waive, refuse, or alter their obligations under these rules.
- All entries shall be original works and shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others. Further, all entrants relinquish all intellectual property rights to any submission and agree that the PCBA shall hold any and all copyright, trademark, or other rights to each entry. All entrants further recognize that the PCBA may alter any entry in any way and at any time to suit the PCBA’s purposes.
- All entries must be submitted by an adult who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of the submission deadline.
- All entrants may submit up to five entries. Any entrant submitting multiple entries shall submit them separately.
- All entries shall be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Logo Competition Entry” or by mailing a CD to the PCBA offices addressed to the Peoria County Bar Association, ATTN: Logo Competition Entry, 110 SW Jefferson Avenue, Suite 520, Peoria, Illinois 61602. No entry shall contain personally identifying information; entrants shall include with their entry, but in a separate document file, their name, date of birth, and contact information, including e-mail address if available. This file shall also contain the following statement: “I have read and understand the PCBA Logo Competition rules and agree to be bound by them.” Failure to include this statement shall not change an entrant’s obligation to be bound by these rules.
- The PCBA may refuse to consider any entry for any reason.
- The PCBA must receive a minimum of 10 entries in order to guarantee a winner will be chosen for the $500 prize. Although a winner may be selected, the PCBA reserves the right to decline use of any of the entries as its new logo.
- All entrants agree to provide further assistance to the PCBA by making any requested alterations to the entry or to provide technical assistance with the format of the entry, where necessary.
- No entries will be returned following the competition.